Strategic Plan 2012
UUSB Strategic Plan 2012-2017
UUSB is a welcoming, progressive, spiritual community promoting peace, justice, love, and caring.
The mission of UUSB is to:
- Represent diverse theological perspectives, supporting our own and others’ search for truth and meaning by:
- Creating a sense of belonging among generations, genders, sexualorientations, abilities, and other aspects of personal diversity;
- Offering a variety of worship topics and practices; Celebrating diverse religious traditions;
- Offering ongoing faith development opportunities for all ages through shared ministry.
Nurture our spiritual community by engagingin:
- Creating a sense of place and belonging;
- Connecting across, among, and within generation;
- Extending radical hospitality to all;
- Giving generously of our time, financial resources, and talents.
Reach out to and partner with the larger community using our liberal voice to act in service of:
- Personal justice (accessibility, freedom from discrimination);
- Social justice (immigration, racism, worker rights, healthcare, women’s rights);
- Economic justice (foodsecurity, living wage, homelessness);
- Environmental justice (climate change, toxic substances, sustainability)
Our vision and mission statements are grounded invalues that are expressed in our seven principles.